Show your support for Macedonian Human Rights. Silence is NOT an option!
November 22, 2011
×èòà¼ ¼à îâàà ñòðàíèöà íà ìàêåäîíñêè
MHRMI and AMHRC call on Macedonians throughout the world to show their support for human rights for Macedonians throughout the Balkans.
MHRMI and AMHRC finance and organize all Macedonian human rights activities and work directly with every Macedonian human rights organization including Vinozhito, OMO Ilinden PIRIN, MAEI, Nova Zora, Narodna Volja, Ilinden Tirana, the Home of Macedonian Culture, and all others.
By supporting us, you are directly supporting the cause of human rights for all Macedonians.
Among our many initiatives are:
• Macedonian language classes in Aegean Macedonia and Albania, including the opening of another new kindergarten class in Korca, Albania;
• In addition to the MHRMI/AMHRC-purchased and financed radio station in Lerin, we recently opened a TV station in Korca;
• The historic Detsa Begaltsi lawsuit against Greece for the return of confiscated property, citizenship and financial compensation;
• The funding of pro-Macedonian newspapers and publications in Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia and Mala Prespa;
• The landmark European Court of Human Rights judgements against Bulgaria and Greece for violating Macedonian human rights;
• The operation of human rights offices for Macedonians in Bulgaria, Greece and Albania;
• The crucial Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands that Macedonia end all negotiations over its name; and
• Funding successful election campaigns for Macedonian candidates in Bulgaria, Greece and Albania.
We also lobby strongly for recognition of Macedonia and Macedonian human rights in Washington, Ottawa, Canberra, Brussels and throughout the world, specifically:
• Meetings with Canadian, American, Australian and European heads of state and parliamentarians;
• Meetings with Foreign Affairs officials from Canada, Australia, the US State Department, Council of Europe, among many others;
• Attendance at United Nations, OSCE and other international human rights conferences and
• Meetings with UN Ambassador Nimetz to reiterate our demand that the international community support the end to the "name negotiations".
Macedonians are organized, energized and determined to pursue their struggle for universal human rights. The biggest challenge we face is a financial one. Please show your support by joining the MHRMI Human Rights Fund or the AMHRC's Macedonian Minorities Support Fund.
Thank you in advance.
For more information, please contact:
Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) at 1-416-850-7125, email@example.com, www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook.com/mhrmi
Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee (AMHRC) at +61 3 9329 8960, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.macedonianhr.org.au, facebook.com/AMHRC