We all respond in a crisis. We all respond when someone is in need. But how about when your entire ethnic group is in need? Other groups respond vocally and immediately. But do Macedonians? Unfortunately, nowhere near the level that is needed.
MHRMI is different. We've been at the forefront of defending Macedonians for over 30 years. Join us.
Anti-Macedonian incidents have dramatically increased since the implementation of the forced Macedonia name change. The crisis we're facing affects us all, no matter where we live or which region of partitioned Macedonia we come from. Our ethnic identity is at stake:
- Macedonians in Pirin Macedonia are being detained by Bulgarian secret police and warned to cease their Macedonian activities;
- Macedonians in Aegean Macedonia are being threatened by Greek Neo-Nazis and told to give up their Macedonian ethnic identity or face consequences;
- Macedonians throughout Albania are being pressured - by the Bulgarian government - to declare themselves as “Bulgarians” in order to receive aid in escaping poverty;
- The Zaev regime in the Republic of Macedonia has signed illegal treaties with Greece and Bulgaria that give away our name, identity, and history and which deny the existence of any Macedonians within their borders. And the Zaev regime has ordered people to use the imposed, anti-Macedonian name “North Macedonia”.
The unified answer - to all of our oppressors - from Macedonians throughout partitioned Macedonia is NO.
But are you helping them defend our existence?
We are. And we need your help. As we said, whenever there is a crisis, other ethnic groups step up. Macedonians, sho chekate?
Tell us where you would like to help:
- The crucial Our Name Is Macedonia campaign which demands a return of Macedonia's name and the reversal of all anti-Macedonian treaties;
- Funding of human rights offices, media and publications for Macedonians in Greece, Bulgaria, Albania, Serbia and Kosovo;
- International lawsuits aimed at granting and guaranteeing human rights for Macedonians and the return of Macedonia's name,including over a dozen victories at the European Court of Human Rights;
- Attendance at United Nations and European human rights conferences and meetings with international heads of state, foreign ministers and diplomats garnering support for Macedonia and demanding an end to discrimination against Macedonians;
- Funding rallies, protests, commemorations and cultural festivals in all of partitioned Macedonia in order to advocate for our Macedonian name, identity and human rights;
- Funding successful election campaigns for Macedonians in Albania, Greece, Bulgaria, Serbia and Kosovo in order to better advocate for Macedonian human rights, including the first Macedonian elected to Albanian parliament;
- Support for Macedonian human rights activists and political prisoners who have been incarcerated for advocating for Macedonian rights;
- The continued opening of Macedonian-language schools and classes throughout partitioned Macedonia.
These are only some of our initiatives. MHRMI is the organization that funds, organizes and supports all human rights projects for oppressed Macedonians in the Balkans.
Join us. We don't want our kids to have to ask: "Why are we being called 'North Macedonians' from 'North Macedonia'?"; why they're learning in school that “Macedonia is Greek”; why they're being told that our ethnicity is "brand new" and that "real Macedonians are Greek"; and why they're being told that we're "originally Bulgarian" who speak a "Bulgarian dialect". They will ask why self-identification is defended for everybody - except Macedonians.
Everything that our babi and dedoj fought for will be gone. You don't want to have to ask yourself, "Why didn't I do anything to stop it?"
Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI) has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. MHRMI demands respect for Macedonia's name, identity and human rights for oppressed Macedonians in the Balkans. For more information: 1-416-850-7125, email@example.com, www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook.com/mhrmi, instagram.com/MacedonianHumanRights, #OurNameIsMacedonia