Can you spare a dollar a day for Macedonian human rights?
February 12, 2015
Our time is now. Despite the persecution and scare-tactics carried out by the governments of Greece, Bulgaria and Albania, Macedonians are still proudly declaring themselves as Macedonians and demanding their human rights.
Even though Macedonians have been arrested by Bulgarian secret police, received death threats by Albanian government officials and attacked by Greek neo-Nazis and police, they are not intimidated. Festivals celebrating Macedonian culture and language are happening throughout Aegean Macedonia, where people proudly sing and dance patriotic Macedonian songs. Commemorations honouring Macedonian heroes occur throughout Pirin Macedonia and the original Macedonian flag flies proudly in Mala Prespa, Albania including the villages in which Macedonian politicians have been elected.
The Macedonian human rights movement in all parts of Macedonia is stronger and showing more potential than ever, but we need your help to continue our progress. Get involved. Volunteer. Donate. Join the 'MHRMI Dollar a Day' fund and make a difference.
Macedonian Human Rights Movement International, and our partners the Australian Macedonian Human Rights Committee, finance and organize all Macedonian human rights activities in the Balkans. Among our many initiatives are:
• Macedonian language classes throughout Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia and Albania, including the opening of another kindergarten in Korca;
• The purchase and financing of a Macedonian radio station in Lerin and TV station in Korca, Albania;
• The funding of Nova Zora, Narodna Volja and other Macedonian newspapers and publications in Aegean Macedonia, Pirin Macedonia and Mala Prespa/Golo Brdo;
• The crucial Our Name is Macedonia campaign, which demands an immediate end to the name negotiations;
• Funding cultural festivals for Macedonians in all parts of Macedonia in order to spread Macedonian culture, language and to demand human rights;
• The operation of human rights offices for Macedonians in Bulgaria, Greece and Albania;
• Funding the opening of a Macedonian Cultural Centre in Lerin, Aegean Macedonia;
• Funding successful election campaigns for Macedonians in Albania, Greece and Bulgaria in order to advocate for Macedonian human rights;
• Attendance at United Nations and European human rights conferences demanding an end to discrimination against Macedonians;
• Demanding recognition and support for Macedonia and Macedonian human rights in Washington, Ottawa, Brussels and throughout the world.
You can make a difference for Macedonians struggling to achieve their human rights. Please do it today. Thank you for your support.
Macedonian Human Rights Movement International (MHRMI)
has been active on human and national rights issues for Macedonians and other oppressed peoples since 1986. For more information: www.mhrmi.org, twitter.com/mhrmi, facebook, email@example.com, 1-416-850-7125.